Wednesday, March 22, 2006

New Vondra Family Information Found


I would like to welcome Rita to our family and extend a thank you for all her added Vondra family information. We are now a bit closer to coming together in that family tree branch. As some of you know I found the ship entry for Rosalie Bares age 33 and her mother Anna age 65 as they arrived in America They came on the Suevia June 1, 1891. These women were tough. I also found that my great grandfather John Vondra / Jan Wondra was married two times. Rita found marriage records for Jan that when he married Marie (Mary) Svoboda it was his first marriage.  He married and had five children with Marie They came to America in 1876 after she gave birth to their fourth child Marie died August 9, 1893. John then married Rozălie Bares (Barsova) who died Sept 27, 1916 from uterine cancer.  My grandmother Mildred Vondra Cervenka told the story that she was full brother to the youngest Michael Vondra Sr.  However, I found photos of her 8th grade graduation with her younger baby brother standing at her side.  He was no more than two years old.   More stories to come as I will share with you some of my findings. Here is the ship that Rosalie and Anna traveled to America on in 1891.

1 Comments:

Blogger jvondra said...

Thank you for posting this (!)...

June 20, 2011 at 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home